I love chili and when its a paleo recipe, I know its going to be healthy!
For more paleo recipes, subscribe to my newsletter, and check out this cook book: goo.gl/nnzU8R
Indulge yourself in a bowl of Paleo Sweet Potato Chili that is spicy and full of beef. It’s thick, rich and slightly sweet while being grain free, sugar free and dairy free.
PALEO SWEET POTATO CHILI
Servings: 10 servings
Calories: 308 kcal
• 2 lbs hamburger
• 1 red onion chopped
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 can tomato sauce 29.5 ounces
• 2 cups petite diced tomatoes with juice
• 3 cups beef stock
• 1 cup carrots sliced
• 5 cups sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
• 2 bay leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon thyme
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
• 1/2 cup chili powder
• dash of oregano
• dash of red pepper flakes
1. In a large saucepan, brown hamburger, onions and garlic. Drain off the fat.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan. Mix well, bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for about 30-40 minutes or until the sweet potatoes and carrots are cooked through.
3. Remove and discard the bay leaves. Then serve!
4. Slow Cooker Option: Instead of simmering the chili on the stove, you can brown the ground beef, drain off the fat and place it into the slow cooker. Add the other ingredients and let it simmer on low all day (6-8 hours on high for 4-5 hours).
Health & Blessings,
Certified Health and Success Coach